19 April 2017
Anzac Day Services
There are numerous services in the Gore District on Anzac Day lest we forget those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
Gore - starting at 6.30pm
- Will be held at the cenotaph following the parade of ex service personnel, Service Groups, Scouts, Guides etc., which is to assemble on the corner of Mersey and Main Streets at 6:30am and be led by the Hokonui Celtic Pipe Band and official wreath bearers.
- Wreaths may be placed at this Service. Please register your names with the RSA before the day.
- Dress: Mufti and medals.
- RSA Members, participants, and friends are welcome back to the RSA Clubrooms after the Parade.
- The Gore RSA Bistro will be open for a $15 buffet breakfast from 8:00am to 10:00am. A light lunch from the Bistro will also be available from 12pm – 2pm and from 5:30pm for dinner.
- There will be musical entertainment at the clubrooms from 10:00am till 2pm.
- Live video feed from the cenotaph to the RSA clubrooms.
- Courtesy coach will be available all day. Pickups for the service restricted to returned servicemen, their wives or widows. Please call the RSA to arrange a pick-up.
- A reserved table has been set aside at the clubrooms for Returned Soldiers.
- Guest Speaker: Sergeant Chris Hore.
Mataura - starting at 7.00am
- Assemble at the Mataura Butcher shop in Bridge Street at 6:45am.
- Minister: Rev Tau Ben Unu
- Special address at the RSA clubrooms following the Service along with a Cup of coffee and breakfast.
Pukerau - starting at 9.30am
- A Service will be held at the Memorial Gates at 09:30am.
- There will be a morning tea at the Community Centre following the Service. Ladies a plate please.
- Padre: Rev Bruce Cavanagh.
- Guest Speaker: Margaret Pullar - “Trip to Cassino”.
Waikaka - starting at 10.00am
- The Waikaka Anzac Committee invites members and the general public to participate in their Anzac Day Service to be held at the Waikaka Centennial Hall at 10:00am.
- The scout flag raising ceremony will begin at 9:55am.
- Following the service march to the war memorial for wreath laying.
- Chaplain: Padre Doug Stevenson.
- Guest Speakers: Peter Kerse.
- The Service will be followed by a luncheon for all attending. Families a plate please.
Waimumu/Te Tipua - starting at 10.00am
- An Anzac Service will be held at the Waimumu-TeTipua Hall at 10:00am.
- At the conclusion morning tea will be served in the hall. All welcome.